Last Modified: July 21st, 2021
CP Ventures Ltd ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide.
The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you visit the website located at http://pacific-defi.com (including any of its sub-domains or pages) (our "Website"), when you access or use the interface for interacting with the Pacific Protocol (the “Protocol”) available at app.pacific.defi (the "Interface"), or when you contact us via electronic media.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect on our Website, on the Interface, and in email, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Website or the Interface.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through our Interface.
- We collect through any electronic messaging service besides through the Website or email (such as apps like Telegram, Discord, Twitter, etc.).
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our Website and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
The Interface is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
We collect information from and about users of our Interface:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you access the Website or use the Interface.
When you use the Interface, we may ask you provide information:
- Publicly available information on an underlying blockchain, including, without limitation, your public blockchain address (but excluding any private keys), account balances, crypto-asset holdings, blockchain transaction history, interaction history with smart contracts or “decentralized applications,” or any data included in a data field associated with your public blockchain address transactions (“Blockchain Identifiers”). For more information about blockchain information in general, see the subsection titled “Important Note About Public Blockchains” below.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Interface. This includes information provided at the time of submitting any transactions through the Interface or solicitations of certain types of interactions with other users, and your MetaMask or similar Web3 software or service (including any information typically transmitted by such) (“Web3 Service”). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Interface.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions with the Protocol you carry out through the Interface.
Aside from Blockchain Identifiers and IP Addresses, we do not collect any information by which you may be individually identified through our Website or Interface. You may also provide information for publication or display ("Posted") on public areas of the Website or Interface (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. This paragraph (and this policy generally) does not apply to information provided by borrowers specifically for the purposes of soliciting or servicing liquidity provided through the Protocol, which may be subject to the Pacific DeFi Protocol Master Loan Agreement, a related Loan Confirmation, or another document separately executed by the borrower. Further, this paragraph (and this policy generally) does not apply to information specifically supplied (as required or appropriate) by prospective pool delegates who are considering fulfilling such a role within Pacific.
When you access the Website or use the Interface, they may use technology to automatically collect:
Usage Details. When you access and use the Interface, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Interface, including traffic data, generalized location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Interface.
Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, or network information.
Blockchain Identifiers and Web3 Service Information. We may collect Blockchain Identifiers and information provided by your Web3 Service (as is standard according to its typical behavior).
If you do not want us to collect this information do not access the Website or use the Interface. For more information, see the section titled “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information” below.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or device. However, if you select this setting, certain functionalities may not be possible through our Interface.
When you access the Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies
- Your device manufacturer
- Your service provider
When you use the Interface, certain third parties may use automatic information technologies to collect information about your on-chain activities. These third parties may include:
- Blockchain explorers
- Decentralized infrastructure providers
- Your Web3 Service
- Any DAO or other entity that controls, interacts with, or provides services related to the Protocol (including pool delegates and other members of the Pacific ecosystem)
- Any other party with access to the underlying blockchain
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website or the Interface. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioural) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly.
Information stored on a blockchain may be public, immutable, and not easily removed or deleted. Your transactions and addresses may reveal information about you, and information can potentially be correlated now or in the future by any party who chooses to do so, including law enforcement. We do not control how other parties may use this information and cannot provide you any protection related to such information. Use our Interface at your own risk!
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Blockchain Identifiers and IP Addresses, to:
- Provide you with the Interface and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us
- Fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Provide technical support
- Notify you when Interface updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it
- Contribute to the facilitation and operation of the Protocol
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and Interface and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Interface according to your individual interests
- Recognize you when you use the Interface
We may disclose aggregated information about our user, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CP Ventures Ltd’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CP Ventures Ltd about our Interface users is among the assets transferred
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use a "email a friend" feature of our Website or Interface, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CP Ventures Ltd, the Protocol, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and scam deterrents
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
We do not use your information for advertising purposes beyond using the Interface. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.